How do i enable Remote Access to SQL Server 2008 Express?
Here are the steps that you can fallow to get it working:
- Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager (Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL Server Configuration Manager )
- Expand the SQL protocol node and select SQLEXPRESS
- Enable TCP/IP protocol by right-click -> Enable
- Right-click TCP/IP and click on IP-Address tab and scroll down to “IPAll”. Ensure that the Dynamic Ports contans a BLANK an add a port like 1433 (default) to IP-Port as the screens below.
- Click to the SQL Server Service node and restart your SQL Server (EXPRESS)
|SQl Server Protocols:||Protocol settings:||SQl Server restart|